Global Logistics Services Int’l, as P&I Club Correspondents, tries its utmost to reduce the exposure of the Principals / their Members for any cargo claims, be it solid or liquid bulk cargo. We suggest and advise the most effective protective measures available by ullaging / draft surveys, loading surveys/tallies, discharge surveys/tallies and preliminary hatch opening reports because of our competent and cost effect surveyors, who also attend courts related to these matters.
At Global Logistics Services Int’l, we have a vast and proven experience dealing with loss or damage to all type of cargoes, funeral and repatriation services; assistance with stowaways and refugees; loss of life and personal injury, arrangements and supervision/assessment of hospital & medical; contamination; governmental fines, particularly those imposed by the customs authority; General Average, and collection of bonds; loss or damage to ships, docks, piers, and others fixed or floating objects and general claims related to P&I, FD&D, and H&M cover. With our extensive experience, we consider ourselves highly qualified/competent for the main categories of cover ordinarily available from our principals:
- Loss, shortage, or damage to cargo
- Loss of damage to third party property other than cargo
- Legal costs in defending the third-party claim
- Damage to fixed and floating objects and to other property
- Collision with other vessels
Death, illness, and personal injury to crew, passengers, and other persons on board
- Stowaways and refugees / Persons saved at sea
- Fines and penalties
A few of our specialized services are as under:
We have the right set of experienced personnel, who are fully aware of the risks and inherent vices of this region. Our resources, connections, and knowledge of the Government’s SRO / other related literature for solid bulk and other cargoes give us an edge over others, in our ability to fully safeguard the interests of our Principals / their Assured.In order to protect the P&I Club’s / Members’ rights and interests and if instructed, Global Logistics Services Int’l would:
- Appoint qualified / competent surveyors, who would investigate the cause/extent of damage/shortage/ excess and attempt to use their resources/connections to somehow minimize, if not totally eradicate the discrepancy.
- Obtain copies of documents relating to the load port reports or any other papers of relevance.
- Provide advice on how to resolve the matter, while continuing to negotiate with the aggrieved parties, to somehow reach an early conclusion, with the least possible delay to the vessel.
- Arrange surety/security, even personal guarantees, if the need arises, to ensure that the vessel does not miss her next assignment and no losses are incurred by the good Members of our Principals.
When a real or alleged pollution incident occurs, Global Logistics Services Int’l immediately alerts the vessel’s P&I Club and obtains as much information as possible from the agent and the Master and all interested parties. In order to preserve the P&I Club’s / Members’ rights and interests, Global Logistics Services Int’l would:
- Appoints a qualified/competent surveyor to investigate the cause/extent of the pollution and arrange a clean-up operation, is possible.
- Samples are obtained from the vessel’s cargo bunkers and from the oil spill if the situation permits.
- Copies of documents relating to the ballasts, maintenance, etc are also obtained from the Master for record purposes.
- Efforts to minimize the pollution are made by the Correspondent and the surveyor, in tandem, so as to fully safeguard the interests of the principals.
Crew Members’ Personal Injury / Death
Global Logistics Services Int’l can arrange for the disembarkation of any sick, injured, or deceased crew member. In collaboration with the ship’s agents, the relevant hospitalization and/or medical arrangements are made. Hospitalized crew members are visited, and we ensure that they are able to speak to their families and are as comfortable as possible. Food, clothes, toiletries, and medicine are provided as required. A full report concerning the condition of the crew members and the estimated medical and general repatriation costs is provided to the Club/Owner.
If unfortunately, a crew member’s death occurs, Global Logistics Services Int’l has the expertise of handling all formalities of contacting the Consulate / Embassy, arranging an autopsy, obtaining a noncontagious report, death certificate, managing the paperwork and information sharing with the authorities including but not limited to the FIA, Immigration, Intelligence Bureau, etc. and can ensure the repatriation of the remains under escort in the earliest possible timeframe, to ease the grief of the next of kin. Should a claim be lodged against the insured/P&I Club, our highly qualified panel of maritime lawyers with their experience and local knowledge are available to negotiate, coordinate and give their opinions.
Dealing with Stowaway cases
Global Logistics Services Int’l has the relevant expertise and connections to immediately contact the concerned Port and Government Authorities in the event of the stowaway being found onboard the vessel and arrange for repatriation without the slightest of delays. We are fully aware of the formalities that are entailed in the repatriation of the stowaways and can accordingly assist the Master in completing the disembarkation formalities with the authorities on board the vessel, apart from interviewing the stowaway(s) in order to ascertain the probable nationality(ies). We can use our resources/connections and with the assistance of the local Police, can then disembark and escort the stowaway(s) to a police station pending further investigations and instructions for repatriation.
Our expertise in providing consultancy for cargo damage/contamination investigation has no parallel. We conduct surveys for project /high-value cargoes, including risk assessment prior to any shipment. We employ and are staffed by a well-balanced team of highly qualified professionals with years of working experience. Our operations staff consists of Master Mariners / Chief Engineers with far-reaching sea-going experience and competence, fully capable and well versed in handling the following:
- Damage to Ship (Tankers, Bulkers & Container Ships)
- Damage to Hull & Machinery / Third Party Liability.
- Damage to Cargo (Liquid Cargo, Dry Cargo & Air Cargo).
- Ships Collision. · Underwater survey.
- Charterers Liability.
- Stevedore damage
To give an overview, the following professionals are a part of the operations team at Global Logistics services Int’l, and their experience is utilized in the best manner possible to provide the best of services to our principals / their good Members.
- Capt. Syed Zafar Ul Hasan Kazmi, Master Mariner
- Capt. Syed Hasan Akhtar Zaidi, Master Mariner Sailing on Super Tankers since 1992 till date. Surveyor on General / Bulk Cargo Vessels.
- Syed Tehzeeb Hussain Zaidi, Chief Engineer
- Abdul Khaliq Thakur, Chief Engineer Sailing on VLCCs (Product / Crude / Chemical) Sailing on General / Bulk Cargo Vessels
In addition to our in-house surveyors, we would also appoint surveyors from an extensive network of marine surveying firms for various assignments, based on the requirements.
The company also is a legal correspondent has at hand professional legal services, specializes in Admiralty Cases & can handle all aspects of personal injury cases, including repatriation/compensation matters of the crew injured at sea. The team comprises of fully qualified/experienced attorneys, with complete knowledge of handling marine cases and has a proven record of accomplishment in managing cases for a vast clientele of Principals. The team has a modern, dynamic & business-oriented practice, providing the highest quality & effective legal services. The advocates & corporate legal advisers at Global Logistics Services Int’l have been providing specialist services in the past to a wide range of our domestic & international clients. The areas of business that the legal team of Global Logistics Services Int’l would cater to our corporate, civil/commercial litigation, maritime, real estate, rent, employment, and transport & insurance. Whilst we are primarily organized all-around specialists, our lawyers are willing to collaborate on any transaction to provide a reliable legal solution for our principals. Our distinguishing factor is the desire to maintain personalized service for our principals, with the utmost focus on Customer Satisfaction. Our lawyers have been independently recognized among the nation’s finest lawyers and Global Logistics Services Int’l would be expanding its horizons internationally, while simultaneously maintaining extensive associate ties with other leading law firms.